The Doctoral School Bureau
The Doctoral School Bureau comprises the Director and Assistant Directors. The bureau members gather together as often as necessary to prepare and implement the doctoral school’s action programme and to organize the Doctoral School Council meetings.
The Doctoral School Council
The Doctoral School Council comprises 21 members, in accordance with the equilibriums established by Article 9 of the Order of 25 May 2016. The Director convokes and presides over Council meetings.
It includes the director and deputy directors, representatives of the laboratories and elected doctoral students*, and outside personalities. 1. Its role is to define the school's doctoral training policy.
*the election of doctoral students is done every 3 yearscomposition du Conseil EDGE - BzH.pdf - (427.59 KB)
The Thesis Commission
The Thesis Commission is made up of the director, the deputy directors and the HDR members of the ED council.
It is consulted on request of the director (registration requests, requests concerning the defense and requests for derogatory re-registration).
Internal rules and procedures
The doctoral school is provided with its own internal rules and procedures specifying:
- The doctoral school’s organization and governance.
- First-year registration procedures, for PhD students without direct funding, funded by a doctoral contract, or under joint supervision.
- Re-registration procedures for each academic year.
- The ratio of supervisors to doctoral students.
- Means and methods for the PhD students’ disciplinary, trans-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary training.
- Exemptions/exceptions concerning PhD students’ obligatory training hours and credits.
- Thesis defence procedures.
- Post-thesis monitoring.
- Mediation procedures.